Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snow Ice Cream

This has been a pretty strange winter this far. We had about 3" of snow dumped on us as soon as the calendar switched to December. It didn't last too long before melting. Every since then, every weather maker we've had has failed to bring us any snow to speak of. Ice has been the precipitation of choice. Until yesterday that is.

When I woke up yesterday it was already snowing and didn't stop until late yesterday evening. It was beautiful! Huge, white, fluffy petals were floating down from the sky only to leave a shimmering blanket of white diamonds on the ground. What a Winter Wonderland!

So, in honor of God's frigid splendor, (And I do mean frigid. It was 6 degrees below zero when Chris left for work this morning. And that was without the windchill factor.) I decided to add a recipe for Snow Ice Cream. This is a blast for the kiddies. This recipe belonged to my Mamaw Shepherd.


Snow Ice Cream:
1 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ c. sugar



Beat well until frothy. Place mixture in a large bowl and add enough clean, fresh snow until the liquid is completely absorbed.


For those of you who aren't fortunate enough to live someplace cold enough to indulge in this seasonal delight - let me just say, "So sorry for ya!" It's really yummy and a whole lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm blowing raspberries your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes want this in summer, so I buy a bag of ice from Sonic (it has to be the tiny ice) and put it through my food processor. It gets light and fluffy just like snow

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!