Thursday, January 8, 2009

Momma's cleanin' house!

Isaac has been a little under the weather this week. His bed is also between 2 windows on the opposite side of the room from the heat vent. So, I figure I'll just wheel in there and move his bed to the other side of the room - away from the cold windows and closer to the heater. Right?

Well, that sounds good. But... Do you have one of those rooms in which the very sight of it immediately raises your frustration level and your blood pressure? That would be Isaac's room for me. It's not that he doesn't clean it. He does. It has more to do with the fact that he is a pack-rat and keeps everything. That is compiled by the fact that he doesn't have adequate storage in there yet. It's still a new (to us) house and Daddy hasn't had the time to make all of the built ins we have planned for his kickin', awesome (some day) room.

So, Momma's cleaning house! I decided it was high time to go in there and tackle it myself. I told Isaac that I was cleaning his room and everything I felt like getting rid of was going in the trash. He was amazingly cool with that. He had actually thrown away 4 trash bags full of garbage a few days ago. Yes, you read that right. 4 bags of trash. I added 2 more to that pile today. Are we the only pathetic household that deals with this on a semi-routine basis?

After all was said and done - the room is emptied of useless waste, shelves are reorganized, furniture is rearranged and much more conducive to winter sleeping arrangements, and I have a sense of calm when I enter the kiddie zone. An added bonus is that Isaac LOVES it. Go figure!

Now, if it would only stay that way.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I hear ya on this one. Oh boy do I hear ya. I am soooo looking forward to my son having a bigger bedroom in the new home. Bless his heart, he has gotten to where he hardly plays with anything in fear of making a mess and having to clean it up. Not that he doesn't clean. He does, but the same issues arise with him. He keeps so much and is learning how to make those hard decisions of "do I really need this or want it?". There is only so much space. We have improved in that he has some much more organization in his room now with shelves, drawers, and rolling carts, but yet....It is a constant battle.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!