Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Maybe There Is Hope For Our Library!

I had written a little while back about going to our public library in search of Captain Underpants. They had none. Well, actually, they had 2 books, but both were missing. Bummer. So, yesterday they called me and said they had found one of them and we could come pick it up. When I got there the dear Children's Department librarian apologized to me for the fact that the book was in such poor condition. She then assured me that she had ordered a new copy. She told me that our library had such a poor selection of books for boys my son's age and that when she made the order to replace the Captain Underpants book they had held for me she found out that there was an entire, huge series. She ordered them all! Every book! She said that they'll be on the shelves within 1 to 2 weeks and we'll get first dibs on them. Whoo Hoo! I feel a laugh-a-thon coming on!

1 comment:

  1. OH YAY!!!! Such a blessing. All of the boys in your area will be so thankful for your stepping in and making this happen. WOOHOO! Actually girls too. My daughter is a fan of Captain Underpants as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!