Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Company's Coming!

My sister e-mailed me yesterday letting me know that her, my mom and the kids are coming for a short visit next month. I actually knew they were coming, just not the date until yesterday. It's so nice now that we live closer because we get to see a lot more of each other. It's been awhile since they've been my way, though. Last time they were here we lived in a transitional rental house.

Just about a year ago we found the house we wanted to settle down in and now here we are. I must say that we fell in love with this house - after looking at literally hundreds. It's old like I like, yet not so old that my hubby doesn't like it. It has character. It feels like home. However, it was a repo. It has great bones but needed a lot of cosmetics. We have done a ton of work on it but there are many, many more projects we want to work on.

The guest room is one of those projects. It had a wall paper border that was all around the center of the room, but was coming down in places. And it doesn't look like a paint brush has touched it in ages. It's been on my "I really must get to that" list. So, now that I know that we are actually going to have guests in the guest room (how novel!) I think I finally have the motivation I need to tackle it. I also had just bought the fabric to make curtains for "Little Britches'" room. And I have all of the equipment to make the throw pillows for the sofa that match the curtains I did manage to get done in the living room and kitchen. If I allowed myself to dream big I would also make the shower curtain and Roman shade for the bathroom while I was at it. That might be an awfully big elephant to swallow, though, since we still have to do school every day. So, I'm probably going to be a little less frequent on my blog for the next few weeks. Though, I'm sure I'll be popping in now and again. I'll be sure and post some pictures as I finish each project.

Wish me luck!
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like out of town company to inspire our creativity around the home. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!