Friday, January 16, 2009

Indiana Winter Poem


IT IS FREAKIN' COLD OUTSIDE! Chris just left for work and called to share that is 16 degrees below zero. That's without factoring in the wind chill. God only knows how cold that makes it feel like. God and the weatherman, actually. And people who caught the weather report this morning. OK. So maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know that information. That's not the point. My point is it hasn't been this cold in years. It's dangerous cold. It is sooo cold that they cancelled all the schools around here. Aaah, but the beauty of home school... We still get to have school today because we don't have to leave the house. So, we'll keep it our little secret that everyone else has the day off today. That will keep the protests down from my little darling.

Now that you know what we're dealing with in this part of country, (as if you never watched the news) (or live here yourself) I would like to share a little poem that my dear Mother-in-law emailed me yesterday. This is in honor of the Arctic blast we are experiencing. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Indiana Winter Poem
It's Winter in Indiana
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Indiana
When the snow's up to your butt,
You take a breath of Winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the Winter here is wonderful
So, I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Indiana
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!!
- Unknown Author

1 comment:

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!