Monday, February 23, 2009

Pam's Pasta With Pine Nuts

OK. I have a new recipe for you this week. I know it's been awhile - but at least it's not soup! I tried to take a picture of it to post, but my camera is about out of batteries and I didn't have any more on hand. Bummer. Anyway, it's really yummy. My two guys are my food critics and if it passes their approval, it's definitely worth making. Do try it!

PAM'S PASTA WITH PINE NUTS:

1 lb. box of whole wheat pasta (twists, bow ties, doesn't matter)
3/4 cup raisins (Don't leave these out. Sounds gross, but it really makes the dish.)
3/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic
small head (or 1/2 bag) of baby spinach
*left over chicken or turkey, cut into bite size pieces, however much looks good to you
salt and pepper to taste
fresh grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

Bring pot of water to rolling boil. Add pasta and raisins (to plump them). When pasta is tender, drain in colander and return to pot or serving bowl.

Meanwhile, toast pine nuts in dry skillet over medium heat. Set aside when lightly toasted. Using same skillet you toasted pine nuts in, pour olive oil into the skillet to warm. Mince garlic and saute in oil 1-2 minutes. Add spinach to wilt. Toss in the chicken or turkey meat and pine nuts to warm. Salt and pepper to taste.

Once pasta is done and drained, top with the above mixture. Add cheese to taste.

Serve with crusty, French bread and a side salad.

*Note: If you don't have leftover chicken or turkey you have a couple of options. 1) Cook a couple of chicken breasts and cut into bite size pieces. 2) Buy pre-cooked and pre-sliced chicken from the store. It's usually sold in a plastic container near the lunch meat. I have used this option many times to save on prep time.

1 comment:

  1. HEY FRIEND, HOPE I DIDN'T DISAPPOINT YOU. HA HA...

    THAT RECIPE SOUND SO SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

    NEED ANY LAMPSHADES COVERED?

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!