Friday, December 19, 2014

HERB INFUSED CIDER VINEGAR – A GREAT FOODIE DIY GIFT


I have this new addiction; salad. I know -weird, right? I mean, I’ve always liked salad, but now I actually crave it. I blame this herb infused cider vinegar recipe.
Did you know that flavored oils and vinegars are becoming a big thing? Like gourmet shops opening up with tasting rooms and everything kind of thing? While we were on vacation in southern Indiana last month, we visited one in Nashville called The Wild Olive. Check out some of the flavored vinegars they offer: Fig Balsamic, Jalapeno Lime White Balsamic, Maple Balsamic, Dark Chocolate Balsamic, and Garlic Cilantro Balsamic to name just a few. With my new love of salads I had to come home with a couple of bottles.
gourmet bottles
Check out these flavors.
gourmet close-up
The Lemongrass Mint is light and fresh while the Cranberry Pear is perfect for this time of year. Just imagine eating a salad that includes finely chopped pears, dried cranberries, walnuts and maybe some cubed Swiss or Feta cheese on a bed of mixed greens with this Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar and a touch of oil on top. Is your mouth watering, yet?
We all know by now that any gourmet item comes with a gourmet price tag. For instance, a 250 ml bottle of the above vinegars costs $14.99 per bottle, while a 500 ml bottle comes in at $22.99. Granted, a little goes a long way. But you know what? You can totally make your own. I’ll let you in on a little secret…it’s REALLY easy. And fast. If you need a gift for the foodie in your life – this is your Huckleberry.
To continue reading hop on over to my new blog, Still Playing House

1 comment:

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!