Tuesday, January 17, 2012

STUPID EASY GLUTEN-FREE TRAIL MIX


Since we've had to go gluten-free, it's been a little difficult to find snacks to keep on hand. This trail mix fits the bill and is stupid easy. A child could do this 'cause there's no cooking what-so-ever.  Just open, dump and mix.

1 bag banana chips (Trader Joe's is $.99)
1 bag almonds
1 bag sunflower seeds
1 bag dried cranberries, or fruit of your choice
1/3 - 1/2 box of Chex cereal
medium size bag of plain M&Ms

You could also throw in other nuts or gluten-free pretzels, if you like.

Once you dump everything in a bowl, all you need to do is stir it up and put it into containers like these mason jars, or plastic bags.  Stupid easy.

It's great to have on hand for a quick snack or to take with you if you're going to be on the go.

Not only is it easy - it's really good!

So, do you have a quick go-to snack option?

P.S. There's still time to enter to win a free copy of Jacinda Vandenberg's new e-book, "Blog Design on a Dime"!

I'm linking this post up with Teach Me Tuesdays and These Chicks Cooked.

5 comments:

  1. Also gluten-free, we eat a lot of rice krispie squares and over Christmas I started making them out of popcorn. You can add a few sweet things to it (M&Ms, choc chips, cranberries). It tastes even better if made in a fancy bundt pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never tried anything gluten free.. :/ maybe i should start with this trail mix :)
    hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration!

    Check out the unique hand tailored apron I am giving away
    here

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had me at M&M's.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evelyn ~ I've never had rice crispy treats with popcorn, but I bet they'd be delicious!

    Nina ~ I was really intimidated when we had to go gluten-free. It really hasn't been nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be, though using bread in meals can be very convenient at times. But, it's always good to have a few g-free ideas in your back pocket in case you have people over with gluten sensitivities. This trail mix would be a great place to start because it's delicious even if you can have gluten! Thanks for coming by and commenting. I'll check out your blog. :0)

    Jessie ~ I know, my friend. I know. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok so i am new to gluten free and have never been a label reader, so this question may seem silly to some of you, but are marshmellows gluten free

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!