Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Get Rid of the Glow

Hey, Everybody!  I have been working my hind-quarters off on something really exciting that I can't wait to share with you.  That's why my posting has been a little sporadic lately - and will probably continue to be until I can unzip my lips on the big news. But...I have a cool tip for you today. :0)

Do y'all remember the days when we all carried around Cover Girl compacts and constantly dabbed at the oil-slick on our faces, more commonly known as the T-zone, until we looked like we had fallen into a bowl of pancake batter?  I carried around one of those things well past high school. You still might. Don't worry - I won't judge.

Well, several years ago my sister introduced me to her new bestie - oil blotting papers like these:


Just in case you're not familiar with them, they are kick-butt at removing the oil from the T-zone instead of caking on powder to absorb it. This brand runs about $4.50 for 50 sheets. There are several higher end brands of these papers, too.

Being the Frugalista that I am, I've never bought these for myself, though. Here's what I do when I'm out in public and need to get rid of the glow. Ready? Ok. I go to the bathroom. Say whaaa? Yep, I go to the bathroom. Here's why...

Did you know that the paper toilet seat covers so commonly found in the rest room work just like the oil absorbing blotting strips? Sho nuff. Try it next time you visit the little girl's room.  You don't need that center portion anyway. :0) You'll be amazed at how much oil one of those seat covers removes from your face.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I totally need to try this. Thanks!

    Btw, I'm still doing the oil cleanse. If I miss a day my skin gets mad. But on days I do it my skin is so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rik ~ I'm so glad that the OCM is working for you! You may be one of those people who always feel better doing it every day. You'd not be alone in that. I'm so glad that your skin is happy! Yay! Thanks for the update. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!