I decorated our house in neutrals so that I would be able to swap out the colors easily to change things up a bit. With Spring rapidly approaching, I'm feeling the urge to say goodbye to all of the red and lighten things up a bit. For the past couple of weeks I have been shopping Goodwill, as well as my own house, getting a 'Decorating on a Shoestring' game plan in place. I'll share more about that as I feature my finished projects. But, for now...here's what I'm hoping to accomplish this week.
- Make decorative pillow pillow for bed. Check. Just finished that one up. Pictures to come.
- Hem curtain I started to hang in place of closet doors.
- Cover underside of the glass tops of my nightstands with toile wrapping paper. Maybe - not 100% sure on this one.
- Swap out red rug for one that is stored in the garage. It used to be in my living room until I felt the need to get rid of some visual clutter.
- Wash my red drapes and store for Spring/Summer.
- Hang the new "curtains" I'm going be using.
- Make matching covers to go over my chandy shades.
- Make covers to go over the red throw pillows for the couch.
- Swap out red accessories.
- Get rid of 100 gazillion magazines filling my baskets.
- Get some coordinating accessories worked in.
- Swap out the red in my hallway with more fitting artwork.
- Paint all of the woodwork/doors in the hall, living room and dining room.
- Get seeds started for the garden.
- Tighten up a coat rack I bought at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. If the weather gets warm enough, I'll also take it outside and paint it. Right now it's a little brassy for my taste.
- Go to Winter Jam and see Third Day, Newsboys, Tenth Avenue North, Sidewalk Prophets and several others.
Wish me luck!