Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Break Week!

It's Spring Break Week for us - and, boy, do I have big plans!  And, a long 'To Do' list! 

I decorated our house in neutrals so that I would be able to swap out the colors easily to change things up a bit.  With Spring rapidly approaching, I'm feeling the urge to say goodbye to all of the red and lighten things up a bit.  For the past couple of weeks I have been shopping Goodwill, as well as my own house, getting a 'Decorating on a Shoestring' game plan in place.  I'll share more about that as I feature my finished projects.  But, for now...here's what I'm hoping to accomplish this week.

THE BEDROOM:
  • Make decorative pillow pillow for bed. Check.  Just finished that one up.  Pictures to come.
  • Hem curtain I started to hang in place of closet doors.
  • Cover underside of the glass tops of my nightstands with toile wrapping paper.  Maybe - not 100% sure on this one.
DINING ROOM:
  • Swap out red rug for one that is stored in the garage.  It used to be in my living room until I felt the need to get rid of some visual clutter.
  • Wash my red drapes and store for Spring/Summer.
  • Hang the new "curtains" I'm going be using.
  • Make matching covers to go over my chandy shades.
LIVING ROOM:
  • Make covers to go over the red throw pillows for the couch.
  • Swap out red accessories.
  • Get rid of 100 gazillion magazines filling my baskets.
KITCHEN:
  • Get some coordinating accessories worked in.
MISCELLANEOUS:
  • Swap out the red in my hallway with more fitting artwork.
  • Paint all of the woodwork/doors in the hall, living room and dining room.
  • Get seeds started for the garden.
  • Tighten up a coat rack I bought at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago.  If the weather gets warm enough, I'll also take it outside and paint it.  Right now it's a little brassy for my taste.
  • Go to Winter Jam and see Third Day, Newsboys, Tenth Avenue North, Sidewalk Prophets and several others.
So, I've got a pretty busy week planned on top of my regular cleaning, laundry, cooking and baking. 

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man...your list sounds sooo much like mine! I, too, swap out the red (Valentines, mostly) and switch to springy, Easter-y stuff.

    I, too, have to get seeds started and paint trim all over the house, though I also have to add in manure to my garden beds. Oh, and buy worms, and 'get rid of' the pesky ground squirrels.

    Last year, I got sick of our 'vegas' mirrored closet doors, and put up curtains over each closet. So far, so good. Softened each room.

    Anyway, have fun...get the jobs done so you can JAM! Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring Break? Already? We have to wait until the end of March for our Spring Break... Do I have to do Spring cleaning then? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!